Saturday, August 25, 2012

Just a Second

The first three days of schools have come and gone, and now it's time for a quick weekend breather to regroup for the first full week.

The book I decided to share first this year was a nonfiction one.  This is unusual for me.  I almost always share a fiction picture book first.  However, I loved Just a Second by Steve Jenkins so much when I read this summer, I knew my fourth graders would love it.

http://www.stevejenkinsbooks.com/trailers/time_trailer.html

As I read the book, there were many bright-eyed, "Wows!" and "Whoas!"  Since I have gifted readers, many of them knew even more facts about a few of the objects, animals, or people featured in the book.  After we enjoyed the book, I used it as a writing launch for making goals for the school year.  The bulletin board will look like this:

 

INSPIRED BY...

 


 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

  WHAT CAN WE DO IN A SCHOOL YEAR?

 
 



 
What books did you share the first days of school?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment