Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Nonfiction Wednesday

nfpb2016logo

I'm excited that Alyson Beecher, at Kid Lit Frenzy, is continuing her Nonfiction Picture Book Challenge for the fifth year in a row!

I need to step up my nonfiction picture book reading.  I haven't posted in a while, but I had to share this book!


My Book of Birds


I loved this beautiful book on birds!  The stunning illustrations of the birds are collages made from old magazine paper.  My favorite pages are of the snowy owl.  I also enjoyed the blue heron since I've enjoyed watching them at our new condo on the lake.  One likes to stay in the tree by the corner of our deck!  Loved the end pages of eggs and feathers, too.





3 comments:

  1. I shared this a few weeks ago, Holly. It is absolutely awesome, I agree. I wish I could create collage like that. I looked and looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning book! So beautiful. But that Canada Goose on the cover there looks far too cheerful - those guys can be pretty nasty! ;)

    ReplyDelete