Thursday, June 26, 2014

Spiritual Journey Thursday - Renewal


     Last week I wrote a blog post about wanting to write about my spiritual journey on Thursdays.  If you would like to join me, you may use the logo in your post and link back up to this blog post every week.  I don't really know how to make buttons, memes, or graphic design logos (I'd be willing to learn), so I just made something from one of my photographs.  Feel free to use it! 

     This week I am participating in a Choice Literacy writing retreat, and our theme is RENEWAL.  Our retreat is held in a beautfiul, wooded, hilly area in Hocking Hills, Ohio, and it is a time Brenda gives us to write, read, think, collaborate, and just BE.  It is wonderful.  The group of writers here is generous and kind.  It is indeed a time for renewal.

     If we take time to give ourselves breathing space, let our minds be still and open, and appreciate our surroundings, whether that be rolling hills and trees, beside the sea, or even in the midst of a busy subway, we can renew our soul. We talked last night at dinner about mindfulness.  Being thoughtful about the things we do.  Our souls need that mindful stillness. One of my favorite scriptures is "Be still, and know that I am God."  I think God tells us He can only speak to us if we are quiet.

     What are ways you renew your spirit?

     I hope the link below works!  Just click on it and add your URL to your blog post to the link-up.  We look forward to reading your thoughts!


5 comments:

  1. Holly, thanks for starting this Thursday round-up. I am renewing at the lake where my parents live, so peaceful. I would love to be at a writing retreat, though. Something about being surrounded by like minds that is so inspiring and rejuvenating. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this! I'm not blogging right now but when I return to it, I definitely want to join in with posts. For now, I read along, finding strength and encouragement in the posts linked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea Holly! Thank you for starting this! Enjoy your writing retreat and renewal with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love this link up. Today THIS is my renewal. I'm grateful!! Enjoy your retreat and I'll "see" you here next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, I really enjoyed your post and reading the others who linked up. We were white water rafting n vacation today which is why I couldn't post today. I really liked how you posed a question to encourage others to write/reflect upon. That will be helpful for me bc writing is something I struggle with so having some thoughts and direction will be helpful if you continue that! I'll be sure to look for your post again next week!

    ReplyDelete